Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 2 : LA

Factory outlet day!

Whatever jetlag I had was gone upon waking up. HA!

A change of driver :) How does it feel like driving on the other side of the road? Your gearbox and driver seat on the right side now, a little bit getting used to... It's like u reach out your left hand expectantly to change gear to park your car, and then woosh! your hand grabs nothing... So glad I can now relax and prop my legs up! American drivers also tend to park head-in, instead of reverse parking like back home in Singapore.



Camarillo premium outlet was about an hour's drive away away from where we were staying, with 160 stores. At the factory outlet, I saw a familiar eating place opening soon - Panera Bread! ;-)


My favourite snack - Caramel apples! I swear I'll try to recreate it back here in Singapore. USD$5 for one apple is quite expensive, but hey we're on holiday! I think we had two apples that day. One almond covered, one pecan covered.





We shopped for almost an entire day at the factory outlet - actually, more like I shopped la haha. F21, BCBG, Kenneth Cole! :)

At Kenneth Cole, I couldnt decide which one to get :( both equally nice! In the end I got the black one


The factory outlet was so huge I think if me and the Sista went together, we'll probably go there from opening to closing hours. Oh well since it was with the BF who isn't really much of a shopping fan, I spared him the agony and we left a little earlier before the shops started closing. We drove back to the hotel and walked to Hollywood Boulevard to look for dinner.


They had a lot of these smoke shops, tarot reading, souvenir shops, shops selling lingerie and kinky stuff along Hollywood Boulevard








We walked to the mall at Hollywood & Highland in search of food.


There was this 3D game that this kid was playing at the entrance of the mall.


Some cash-operated phone-dispensing machine.


Super big nutella bottle! Almost the size of my face!


Victoria's Secret again! Too bad it was already closed :P



The sad thing about this holiday was that we had very few couple shots unless we took them with the mini digicam he brought. That's the downside of going on holiday alone together. We manged this shot putting the DSLR on timer.


He made me pose like that because there was this drain that was blowing out very strong wind and he realised that my skirt/dress would fly up. *Roll eyes*


Hollywood walk of fame.


In the end we settled down for Mac's for dinner cos most of the food places were closing


Check out their menu! There're like 16 choices of Extra Value Meals!


Haha, ignore my expression, i think it was a disgusted expression at how big the burger is


After the dinner we were so super duper full even after we took a 15 minute walk back to the hotel. So full that after settling down for the night, showering and packing all our stuff, he dragged me out of the hotel at like 3am to walk it off. Crazy man. 3am take a stroll?!?! Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment