Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 8 : Lake Tahoe

The day started at IHOP (again) :P not that I'm complaining...


This time round we ordered some French toast and steak and eggs. The steak was really good - tender and well marinated, I think I ended up ordering that the next time too hee.



After breakfast we set off for Heavenly Village, South Lake Tahoe's dining, shopping and entertainment venue that lies on the border of California and Nevada. I guess Heavenly Village is like the local mall area since there are restaurants, touristy shops, a movie theatre, skating rink and the Heavenly Gondola (a cable car ride that will bring u all the way to the top of "Adventure Peak"). All I can say about the ride is well it offers a really good view of Lake Tahoe and its surroundings, but it's also pretty expensive at about USD$30 per person.


The view of Marriott Timber Lodge (I think) from the cable car base.


The view of the cable car ride up to the mountains!


Halfway through, we could already see almost the entire lake from the cable car. The lake looks so nice and blue and inviting I really wanted to just jump in to swim, especially it was a hot day and the cable car was pretty stuffy.


We arrive at Malcolm's Deck, a mid-station observation platform which was about 9,123 feet.


As usual it was a PITA getting our pictures taken together with the nice view of Lake Tahoe.


We carried on with the cable car ride to the top Adventure Peak at about 9,136 feet. Summer activities at Adventure Peak include hiking and rock-climbing. There's also an outdoor restaurant where you can get some ribs and grilled sandwiches. I doubt this ski lift below in the picture has any business since there's no skiing. I can just imagine how packed this place will be during winter when there are skiers from around the area/ state who come here to ski down the snowy slopes. I wanna learn skiing!!!


Here's the schedule of ski lifts to either one state, as mentioned before that this place lies on the border of California and Nevada.


Anyway, hiking is one of the activities during summer and I should think this path here leads down to somewhere on the California side, whereas the path in the next picture leads down to somewhere on the Nevada side.








No comments:

Post a Comment